Trick-or-Treat Sweets and Hair-Raising Treats
(Please check websites for correct dates and times)
– The entire street of Circulo Sequoia in La Costa is great for hitting lots of houses in a short amount of time, and you won’t get lost since it’s a circle.
– Houses on Camino Lindo in The Ranch in Carlsbad are known for big candy pieces.
– Lots of young families with kids in San Elijo Hills make this community a treasure trove of Halloween treats.
– Safe Trick-or-Treat in downtown Encinitas (S. Coast Highway 101 from Encinitas Blvd to K Street) is great for little ones to stay safe. www.visitencinitas.com
– Scripps Ranch homes often hand out huge candy bars, and you can even score occasional paper money.
– On October 29, you can have an early trick-or-treat experience at Old Restaurant Row in San Marcos, 3-5pm. www.oldcalrestaurantrow.com
– Pumpkin Plunge takes place Oct 14 at Alga Norte Pool in Carlsbad. The pool is transformed into a floating pumpkin patch.
10/1-29 SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular, every weekend. www.seaworldsandiego.com
10/1-30 Big Horse Corn Maze & Harvest Festival at Big Horse Feed Store in Temecula. (951) 389-4621 www.bighorsecornmaze.com
10/1-31 Scream Zone at Del Mar Fairgrounds, select days. www.thescreamzone.com
10/1-31 Haunted Hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter, closed most Mon & Tues. (619) 231-0131 www.hauntedhotel.com
10/1-31 Haunted Trail at Balboa Park, closed most Mon & Tues. (619) 231-0131 www.hauntedtrail.net
10/1-31 Bates Nut Farm Pumpkin Patch. www.batesnutfarm.biz
10/1-31 BOOmont Park features free trick-or-treating and other attractions every weekend. (858) 228-9283 www.belmontpark.com
10/1-31 Pumpkin Patch across from Del Mar Racetrack
10/1-31 Pumpkin Patch on corner of Rancho Santa Fe Road & Encinitas Blvd
10/1-31 Pumpkin Patch next to Arco Gas Station on San Marcos Blvd in San Marcos
10/7 Halloween Mutt Mixer at San Diego Humane Society Escondido campus, 12-2pm. www.sdhumane.org
10/7-28 Brick-or-Treat Party Nights at Legoland California Resort, every Saturday. www.legoland.com
10/7-28 Rocky Horror Picture Show at La Paloma Theatre in Encinitas, midnight, every Friday. www.lapalomatheatre.com
10/13 Halloween Mutt Mixer at San Diego Humane Society Oceanside campus, 6-8pm. www.sdhumane.org
10/13-28 Boy Scout Troop 2000 Haunted Hotel at Olivenhain Meeting Hall. www.olivenhain.org/events
10/13-31 The Whaley House in San Diego, built in 1857, is said to be haunted. They have a special Halloween schedule throughout the month. www.whaleyhouse.org/tourhalloween.htm
10/13 Fall Festival at Mission Estancia Elementary School, 1-5:30pm. www.mepta.org
10/14 Pumpkin Plunge at Alga Norte Aquatic Center in Carlsbad, 5-9pm. (760) 268-4777 www.carlsbadconnect.org
10/20-21 Haunted Aquarium: Sea Monster Mash at Birch Aquarium, 6-9pm. www.aquarium.ucsd.edu10/27 Trick-or-Treat on India Street in Little Italy, 5:30-7:30pm. www.littleitalysd.com
10/27 Bones & Booze Bar Crawl, 6-10pm. www.sandiegomonsterbash.com
10/28 Halloween Spooky Splash, a non-competitive social event at La Jolla Cove, 9-11am. www.lajollacoveswimclub.com
10/28 Balboa Park Halloween Family Day, 11am-4pm. www.balboarparkconservancy.org
10/29 Free Trick-or-Treat at Old California Restaurant Row in San Marcos, 3-5pm. www.oldcalrestaurantrow.com
10/28 San Diego Monster Bash in the Gaslamp Quarter, 6pm-12am. www.sandiegomonsterbash.com
10/28-31 Halloween in the Gaslamp Quarter. www.gaslamp.org
10/29 Once Upon a Hallowe’en at Old Poway Park, 5:30-8:30pm. www.poway.org
10/31 Del Mar Highlands Town Center holds its annual Halloween event, 4-6pm. www.delmarhighlandstowncenter.com
10/31 Haunted Houses on Circulo Sequoia in La Costa
10/31 Safe Trick-or-Treat on South Coast Hwy 101 from Encinitas Blvd to K Street in downtown Encinitas, 5-8pm. www.visitencinitas.com